• Building proposed were function more to youth activities. Youth were chosen it is because according to the observation and questionnaire, only housewife and old people will visit the site in the morning to shop for fresh food.
• Building proposes were being attracted for youth came to the site.Besides it will possibility to improve social condition of Kota Tinggi community.
• By surrounded with facilities at the site like terminal bus and terminal taxi, it will be easy the user come to the building.
• This youth activities center also will transform to flood relief center when flood time were it is the main of this project design.
• The building will create the multifunction space that can transform to others space while flood.
During non-flood hour, this building functions as agricultural botany training centre. Researches will be conducted by the students that related to vegetation including on “HOW TO PRODUCE A LARGER AND NUTRITIOUS CROP?”. This research will be conducted as a preparation during flood time. This is to ensure that flood victims are always accommodated with shelter and food aid. Flood aid is the main reason why agricultural is the secondary building program during non-flood hour.
The Center for Flood Relief and Mitigation is a building that purposely designed to encounter the flood disaster where almost every December until January will landed at East Coast of Malaysia.
From the news what we heard and read recently, the flood in the East Coast, especially Terengganu, Kelantan and Selangor are really heartbreaking.
The poor victims faced the problem of running out of food source, electric and water supply and are simply get settled at relief center whic might be school nearby or community hall.
therefore, with the specially designed flood relief center, we hope that we could help the victims during flood, giving them a more secure place within the disaster period.
Whilst during non-flood, the center will transform into another function which is market, food court and at the same time have farming activities in the urban area.
Although the design is not perfect because there are some quite important issues that I overlooked, this is the design that I came out with within this several months.
Below are the sketches of the design process and crits that have been gone through. Snippets of Richard Roger’s book are also included.